SchoolsOnWeb Privacy Notice
SchoolsOnWeb.com is an online collaboration tool, owned and managed by the SchoolsOnWeb. Registered members are allowed to set up unique personal profiles that can be linked together through networks of friends. SchoolsOnWeb members can view each others' profiles with the objective of making new friends, communicating with old friends, sharing photos and posting journals and comments etc. In order to ensure the objectives of the site can be fulfilled to the satisfaction of SchoolsOnWeb members, we request and display some personal information / profile information relating to one or more members to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends. SchoolsOnWeb members can change their personal information and/or profile information at any time. Kindly note that although most of the online services are offered for free, uses would require a "Mandatory Registration" to navigate and use SchoolsOnWeb services.
SchoolsOnWeb provides virtual
classroom which is used to connect to different classrooms virtually. It also
has a job board for the users.
Please note that any video, image, comment or other content posted on the Site becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information which is subject to this privacy notice.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT OUR USERS AND MEMBERS?
The information that we collect about you while you are using the Site falls into the following general categories:
1. User provided information: We may collect and store information, personal or otherwise, that you voluntarily supply either while on the Site or in responding via email in connection with a feature provided on the Site. Some examples of this type of information include demographic information that you electronically submit when you sign up for access to certain features on the Site, information (such as your name or email address) that you electronically submit when you register for surveys, sweepstakes or contests on the Site, information that you post on message boards on the Site, and information contained in search requests or questions that you submit to the Site. If you decline to supply or provide us with certain information while using the Site, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Site.
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION USED?
1. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the SchoolsOnWeb Site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the SchoolsOnWeb Site.
2. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected, seen and used by others besides us. We cannot be and are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users / members when you upload videos or send messages through the SchoolsOnWeb Site and other users / members can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the SchoolsOnWeb Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
3. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. we may provide our advertisers with information about you and other visitors that will enable our advertisers to better target ads to specific types of visitors. We will not use the information that we collect online from you while you are using the Site, nor will we authorize third parties to use such information, to mail or email promotional offers directly to you unless you have specifically informed us that you would like to receive promotional offers from us and/or from third parties. If you choose to receive these promotional offers, then your information may be used for direct mail or email marketing. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major SchoolsOnWeb Site changes or for customer service purposes).
4. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information to improve the quality and design of the SchoolsOnWeb Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user / member preferences and trends.
7. Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or our Site is acquired by another company, information about our visitors may be among the transferred assets.
WHEN SCHOOLSONWEB DISCLOSES INFORMATION
· We do share non-personally-identifiable information with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the SchoolsOnWeb Site.
· We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any law or to respond to a court order or an order from any governing body or statutory authority.
INVITATIONS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS TO
SchoolsOnWeb members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. New Institutes can be added by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. The SchoolsOnWeb Site stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend's list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations. The SchoolsOnWeb Site does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations from SchoolsOnWeb may contact the SchoolsOnWeb Site to request the removal of their information from our database.
SchoolsOnWeb members may also store email addresses of people they know in their internal SchoolsOnWeb address book and may also choose to send invitations and other communications to those addresses.
You may prevent email invitations from us by sending a single email with the subject "BLOCK" to unsubscribe@SchoolsOnWeb.com. Please note that the email must come from the account you wish to block.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDRENS' PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, SchoolsOnWeb collect the children data from the schools only.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SchoolsOnWeb and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SchoolsOnWeb makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If SchoolsOnWeb learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SchoolsOnWeb may post a notice on the SchoolsOnWeb Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS / MEMBERS
HOW YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES:
We are committed to resolving disputes as soon as feasible and shall endeavor to resolve all disputes brought to our notice in keeping with the mechanism prescribed, within 7 working days of such receipt.